Manage Diabetes with our Exercise Classes in Pascoe Vale
One of the most important aspects of managing diabetes is specific physical activity and exercise for diabetes.
Now you can with our Diabetes Exercise Classes at PridePlus Pascoe Vale clinic - all sessions are completed in groups.
$55 for your initial fee and $20 for each class.
In Australia, Diabetes affects over 5% of the population, that’s 1.2 million people, and the trend of people with diabetes continues to increase.
We know that everyone needs to get between 150 to 300 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise per week PLUS 2 sessions of resistance training.
If you need to lose weight as well, then double these numbers.
Our classes will ensure you target your personal needs, as well as working towards those exercise minutes and resistance training sessions.
It’s not just a question of volume, it’s the quality of exercise and physical activity that you’re doing, and our exercise for diabetes is all about quality.
But, what kind of exercise is best for people with diabetes?
What kind of physical activity levels are needed to manage diabetes well?
These are both tough questions, and the answers vary. This makes managing your own diabetes and exercise levels really difficult.
When you compare what you do to someone else you know with diabetes, your needs can be very different.
Now there’s no need to despair. Help is available. Let’s talk about Diabetes Exercise Classes, run by an Exercise Physiologist (EP).
EP’s are experts in diabetes exercises
EP’s are experts in health. EP’s are experts in change. An EP will work with you to assess what you need to achieve your optimum diabetes control.
Exercise Physiologists will use their skills to listen, assess, teach and coach you as needed.
Our Diabetes Group Exercise Classes are about getting real, positive and lasting change to help you manage your diabetes to the best of your ability.
What makes our Classes so different?
- It’s the passionate people who deliver them using their knowledge as Exercise Physiologists to understand exercise, health, diabetes and you.
- It’s also the environment in which we do our diabetes group exercise classes.
- In Pascoe Vale we have a fully equipped strong room with all the bikes, pilates reformers, treadmills, weights, mats, mirrors and more.
- In our diabetes group exercise classes you’ll be working alongside up to 5 other people with your own individual plans to achieve your separate goals, together as a group.
- This supportive and encouraging environment leads to not just physical health, but mental health and enjoyment as well.
- To get your own personal care plan and commence in our diabetes group exercise classes you need to see our EP for a one on one session first where you can work together to formulate your needs and goals.
- This one to one session takes around half an hour and from then on, you can join in with our diabetes group exercise classes which take around 45 min to an hour to complete.
How To Start Your Diabetes Exercise Classes
To come and see our exercise physiologists for diabetes exercise classes, there are a number of funding pathways that can make access to these amazing services even easier.
There’s the low rate of $55 for your initial fee and $20 for each class.
If you have private health insurance with extra cover for EP’s/Exercise, then you will likely receive a significant portion of that cost rebated, and we have hicaps facilities on site so you only have to pay the gap.
There’s also an annual medicare rebate available to people with diabetes which covers the cost of your initial appointment, and then 8 classes per year.
To receive this medicare rebate, you will need to see your GP and have a referral written up to our team.
Now, understanding the ins and outs of the medicare system in Australia is challenging, so we have created this simple checklist for you to follow if you would like to get your diabetes exercise classes funded via medicare.
The Benefits of Diabetes Exercise Classes
- Improve blood glucose management
- Decrease body fat
- Decrease the risk of heart disease, kidney and eye disease
- Increase heart and lung fitness
- Reduce the likelihood of diabetes-related medical conditions. Increasing your activity levels and understanding your exercises enable you to manage your health.
- Improve the quality of your life. We support and guide you as you modify your lifestyle to improve your well-being and increase longevity.
If you have diabetes and would like to start your journey in the best exercise for diabetes, book in now for your Diabetes Exercise Classes.