An orthotic insole is a device which sits comfortably under the foot to change pressure and loading to reduce injury risk and maximise performance.
Many shoes come with a foam innersole; designed as a one-size-fits-all comfortable platform to walk on.
A custom orthotic innersole differs in that it’s designed to fit your individual biomechanical profile. The foot orthotic sits inside your shoes and addresses your specific risk factors and injury history.
To determine your needs for custom orthotics, we take into consideration joint range and quality of movement, injury history, strength, flexibility, and the axis and position of your joints, in addition to factoring in your day-to-day or competitive activities.
A 3D cast of your foot is taken and combined with your custom made orthotic prescription; we fabricate comfortable, durable and effective custom orthotics.
They can be used to treat pain related to many different overuse conditions which develop in the feet, legs, and lower back as a result of our biomechanics and gait.
Are you Looking for Custom Orthotics in Melbourne?
Then come to the experts at PridePlus Health in Melbourne. Our podiatrists work with you to determine your ideal orthotic solutions. Book online here.
Read more to discover everything you need to know about orthotics with our Ultimate Guide to Custom Made Orthotics.
Table of Contents:
- What are Orthotic Insoles?
- Do Orthotics Really Help Flat Feet?
- What are Orthotics Good For?
- Will Orthotic Insoles Help Reduce the Pain in My Feet and Legs?
- What Kind of Custom Orthotics Will I Need?
- How Do I Get Orthotics?
- Are Orthotics, Alone, Enough to Help Me?
- Should you Run with Orthotics?
- What are Orthotics Made Out of?
- Do I Need Orthotics?
- How Long Does it Take to Adjust to Orthotics?
- Will I Have to Wear Orthotics Forever?
- How Long do Orthotics Last?
- What Shoes Can be Used with Orthotics?
- How Much do Custom Orthotics Cost from a Podiatrist in Melbourne?
- Are Custom Orthotics Covered by Insurance?
- Are Custom Orthotics Covered by Medicare?
- What are the Best Orthotics?